Vegetables sautéed in very hot oil until crisp-tender and slightly charred then drizzled with a rich balsamic glaze.
Quick Sautéed Vegetables Drizzled with Balsamic Glaze
This is a simple vegetable side dish that would be lovely alongside any number of main dishes, but I particularly love them served with Cheesy Stuffed Tomatoes because the balsamic glaze complements the tomatoes as much as it does the sautéed vegetables.
Even though green beans and mushrooms are represented in the pictures here, this is a basic recipe for which you can use any kind of vegetable.
- 24 ounces fresh vegetables, any variety
- 1 cup good quality balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- Cook the vegetables according to these directions for Perfect Sautéed Vegetables.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and maple syrup to a medium size saucepan set over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to maintain a gentle simmer. Cook until the mixture has thickened slightly and reduced by half - about 10 minutes.
- Toss the vegetables in the glaze or serve separately, allowing everyone to drizzle the glaze over their vegetables.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g