Perfect grilled cheese sandwiches with white cheddar cheese and shredded Slow Cooker BBQ Beef are comfort food to the max.
Perfect Grilled Cheese Sandwiches with BBQ Beef
This is one of those "recipes" that's more of an idea than a recipe. Here's the idea: put some BBQ beef inside your grilled cheese sandwich.
Brilliant, I know.
Sarcasm aside, these sandwiches are a thing in my life because of this Slow Cooker BBQ Beef Recipe.
If you happen to have some leftover BBQ beef lying around, this is a stupendous way to use it up. If you don't happen to have some leftover BBQ beef, you might want to make some just so you can make these sandwiches.
They are one of those meals that leaves you feeling spoiled and cared for. Comfort food that does what it's supposed to do.
The Best Way to Make a Grilled Cheese Sandwich
I am a huge advocate of the mayonnaise-on-the-outside-of-the-bread method of making Grilled Cheese. Whether making these hearty BBQ Beef Grilled Cheese or tiny Grilled Cheese Croutons to drop in soup, mayo on the outside is the way to go.
If you've never considered making grilled cheese in this way, I wrote a post about The Perfect Grilled Cheese that will (hopefully) convince you to give it a try.
Used in this Recipe:
BBQ Beef Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
For each sandwich, you'll need:
- 2 thick slices hearty, good quality bread
- 2-3 ounces sharp white cheddar cheese, sliced thin
- About ½ cup shredded BBQ Beef
- 1-2 teaspoon mayonnaise
- Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Spread one side of both pieces of bread with mayonnaise – just enough to coat the surface or each with a thin layer. Lay one slice of bread in the hot skillet, mayonnaise side down. Add half the cheese, then the BQ Beef, then the remaining cheese. Top with the second slice of bread, mayonnaise side up. Turn the heat down to medium-low.
- When the cheese looks about halfway melted, use a spatula to flip the sandwich over in the pan. Use the spatula to press the sandwich down slightly. Let cook for a couple of minutes, then peak underneath. If the bread is getting too brown, flip the sandwich back over. Continue flipping back and forth every 30 seconds or so to let the cheese melt fully without burning the outside of the bread.
- Flip the sandwich out onto a plate and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
Sunil Dogra says
I like cheese sandwich and you shared a new creativity with this. Thanks for this.
nicole (thespicetrain.com) says
I am drooling over the oozing cheese, the whole sandwich looks so delicious!!
Is there anything better than oozing cheese?!? 🙂
Mouth watering!! My kinda sandwich!