For each sandwich, you’ll need:
- 2 thick slices hearty, good quality bread
- 2–3 ounces sharp white cheddar cheese, sliced thin
- About 1/2 cup shredded BBQ Beef
- 1–2 tsp mayonnaise
- Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Spread one side of both pieces of bread with mayonnaise – just enough to coat the surface or each with a thin layer. Lay one slice of bread in the hot skillet, mayonnaise side down. Add half the cheese, then the BQ Beef, then the remaining cheese. Top with the second slice of bread, mayonnaise side up. Turn the heat down to medium-low.
- When the cheese looks about halfway melted, use a spatula to flip the sandwich over in the pan. Use the spatula to press the sandwich down slightly. Let cook for a couple of minutes, then peak underneath. If the bread is getting too brown, flip the sandwich back over. Continue flipping back and forth every 30 seconds or so to let the cheese melt fully without burning the outside of the bread.
- Flip the sandwich out onto a plate and serve.