For the salad dressing:
- 2 tbsp red or white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
For the salad:
- 1 lb. (16 oz) thick cut bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 8–10 cups Romain lettuce, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 English cucumber, chopped into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped into 1/4-inch pieces
- 8–12 radishes, ends trimmed and sliced thin
- 4–6 perfect hard boiled eggs, sliced
- 2 avocados, peeled and sliced thin
- 2 cups roasted chicken, shredded
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- salt and pepper
Make the Dressing:
Make the salad dressing:
- Whisk red or white wine vinegar, dijon, honey, salt, pepper until well combined in a medium sized bowl.
- Gradually pour in the olive oil in a thin, steady stream, whisking constantly to emulsify. Whisk until all the oil is incorporated into the dressing.
Make the salad:
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chopped bacon to the hot skillet and cook, stirring frequently, until the bacon is brown and crisp. Use a slotted spoon to remove the bacon from the pan to a paper towel lined plate and allow to drain.
- Toss the lettuce with the cucumber, red bell pepper, and radishes and pile it into a large serving dish. Sprinkle with a bit of salt and pepper.
- Top the lettuce with rows of sliced hard boiled eggs, avocados, shredded chicken, bacon, and cherry tomatoes. Sprinkle the vegetables and the eggs with a bit of salt and pepper.
- Serve with dressing and croutons on the side.