Gin, St. Germain, grapefruit juice, sliced Jalapeño, and fresh basil come together for a deliciously balanced and refreshing blend of spicy, sweet, and sour.
This cocktail is inspired by a cocktail of the same name at one of my favorite Denver restaurants, Root Down.
- 2 oz gin
- 3 or 4 slices jalapeño, seeds removed
- 4 or 5 large basil leaves
- 1 oz St Germain
- 2 oz grapefruit juice
- Club soda (optional)
- Add the gin, jalapeño slices, and basil leaves to a liquid measuring cup and muddle a bit to release the flavor of the jalapeño and basil. Let sit for at least 15 minutes.
- Wet the rim of a glass with grapefruit juice and coat with sugar (optional). Fill with ice.
- Strain the gin into a cocktail shaker and add the St Germain and grapefruit juice. Stir or shake to combine and pour into the ice-filled glass.
- Top off with a bit of club soda (optional).
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g