This simple flank steak recipe will only take a few minutes of preparation and is flexible enough to feed 1-2 people or a large crowd. Mix the chimichurri sauce before grilling the meat and let it sit in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Rub each side of the flank steak with a bit of olive oil.
- Rub both sides with a generous amount of Flank Steak Dry Rub, coating the steak completely. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill the steak to your preferred level of doneness on an indoor or outdoor grill. Medium-rare (140-145 degrees) will take approximately 6 minutes. Medium (155-160 degrees) will take just a couple of minutes longer. Try to remove the steak from the grill a right before it reaches the desired temperature because the steak will keep cooking for a bit after you remove it from the heat.
- Sous Vide Method: Pre-heat water bath to 135°F, for medium-rare or 145°F for medium. Vacuum seal the flank steak or place it in a heavy duty Ziploc bag and squeeze out as much air as possible. Place bagged flank steak in water bath and cook for 2 hours.
- Let the steak rest for 5 minutes on a cutting board to let the juices settle. Carve and serve with Chimichurri Sauce.