Perfect Gin Julep Cocktail Recipe
For such a simple cocktail, this Gin Julep Cocktail is exactly the kind of thing I want to drink on a gorgeous spring day. A classic Julep is made with bourbon and delicious in its own right. But swapping out the bourbon with gin and adding a splash of Rose’s lime juice is a nice twist and feels especially right for spring and summer nights.
- 8–10 mint leaves
- 1 ounce Rose’s lime juice
- 3 ounces gin
- crushed ice
- lime and/or more mint leaves, to garnish
- Chill a Julep cup or other cocktail glass.
- Add mint leaves and Rose’s lime juice to a cocktail shaker or cup. Muddle the mint in the lime juice to release the mint oil. Pour in the gin and stir.
- Fill the chilled cup to the top with crushed ice.
- Pour the gin over the crushed ice and top with even more crushed ice.
- Garnish with additional mint leaves and a slice of lime if desired, and serve.