When serving drinks to a crowd, I like to keep certain elements separate so that guests can make their drinks as strong or weak as they like, and as sweet or unsweet as they like. For this Hibiscus Tea Sangria recipe, I recommend serving the red wine sangria mixture, hibiscus tea, and ginger sweetener in three separate containers, allowing guests to mix their drinks as they wish.
- 1 orange, peel on, sliced
- 1 lemon, peel on, sliced
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/3 cup rum
- 1 bottle dry red wine, preferably a chianti or dry Spanish wine
- 1 recipe hibiscus tea and ginger sweetener
- Add the orange and lemon slices to a large pitcher and muddle them around in there to release much of their juice.
- Add orange juice, rum, and wine and stir to combine.
- Serve in ice filled glasses alongside hibiscus tea and ginger sweetener, allowing guest to mix their drinks to their liking.