Homemade hummus is ridiculously easy to make and gives you total control over the flavor. This Roasted Red Pepper version incorporates plenty of roasted red peppers, giving it a gorgeous color, plus a touch of cumin, garlic, and cayenne.
Serve hummus as a delicious dip for bread, crackers, pita chips, or vegetables. Or, grill some marinated veggies and serve in these Grilled Vegetable and Hummus Sandwiches.Print
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 cup chopped roasted red peppers from a jar, divided
- One 15-oz can chickpeas, drained
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- 1 to 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- Add lemon juice and tahini to the bowl of a food process and process for 2 minutes to "whip" the tahini.
- Add ¾ cup of the chopped red peppers and all the remaining ingredients. Process until completely smooth, 1-2 minutes. Stop a couple of times to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Scoop hummus into a bowl and sprinkle the top with the remaining ¼ cup of chopped red peppers. Cover and let sit in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to thicken up a bit before serving.
- Category: Appetizers and Small Bites