Slow cooker beans take about 4 hours on high and 6 hours on low. This is a general recipe that works for pretty much any kind of dried bean except for split peas and lentils. Use all one type of bean or mix a few different ones together.
- 16 ounces (1 lb) dried beans, any variety
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce or soy sauce
- 8 cups water, or chicken or vegetable broth
- Any other herbs and spices that you like (optional)
- Pour beans into a colander and rinse in the sink for a minute or so. Pour into your slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients plus 8 cups water, or chicken or vegetable broth. Stir to combine, put the lid on the slow cooker and let cook for 4 hours on high or 6 hours on low.
- Category: Beans and legumes
- Method: Slow Cooker
Keywords: beans, slow cooker, crock pot,