- 8 cups mixed greens
- Roasted Carrots and Dates
- Lemon Rosemary Grilled Chicken
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into large slices or rings. (Can also use canned pineapple rings.)
For the Candied Almonds:
- 1 cup whole almonds
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- a dash of ground cayenne pepper
For the Tahini Dressing:
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (add more to taste)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Prepare Lemon Rosemary Grilled Chicken and Roasted Carrots and Dates .
- After grilling the chicken, lay the pineapple slices on the grill. Cook just until they begin to caramelize, about 2-3 minutes per side. Cut grilled pineapple into chunks.
To Make the Candied Almonds:
- Heat almonds, sugar, butter, salt, and cayenne in a heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until almonds are toasted and sugar is completely melted and a very deep golden brown, 5-10 minutes.
- Dump the almonds onto a sheet of aluminum foil or parchment paper and let cool. Break into chunks.
To Make the Tahini Dressing:
- Add all the dressing ingredients to a blender and process until smooth, about 1 minute. Taste and adjust seasoning if desired.
To Assemble the Salad:
- Cut chicken into bite-size chunks.
- Pile 2 cups of greens on each plate and drizzle with a bit of tahini dressing. Top with a handful of carrots and dates, chicken, pineapple chunks, and almonds.