- 12 – 16 meatballs in marinara
- 4 French rolls
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- Open the rolls and lay the them cut side down in a toaster oven and toast them until they are a deep golden brown. Alternatively, put the rolls cut side up under the broiler to toast. Watch carefully – they will burn quickly.
- Heat meatballs in a few tablespoons of marinara sauce in the microwave or in a sauce pan on the stovetop until warm.
- Turn on your oven’s broiler and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Lay the rolls, cut side up, on the baking sheet and spoon 3-4 meatballs in the center of each. Top each meatball sandwich with 2 slices of provolone cheese and place the pan under the broiler.
- Broil until the cheese is melted and just beginning to brown in a few places. Remove from the oven and serve.
If you don’t have some leftover meatballs and marinara on hand, pick up a bag of frozen meatballs and a jar of marinara sauce at your local market. Defrost or cook the meatballs according to the package instructions and heat them in a saucepan with the marinara sauce.