This is my go-to potato salad recipe. It's simple, packed with flavor, and a perfect balance of cool, creamy, and fresh.
How To Make the BEST Mustard Potato Salad
I prefer the butteriness of Yukon Gold Potatoes in this salad, but red potatoes work well too. The sauce is a delicious mix of mayonnaise, mustard, pickles, eggs, and spices.
But, the best part of this potato salad? Fresh cherry tomatoes! If you've never put tomatoes in potato salad before, you'll be amazed at how such a simple addition elevates this picnic and BBQ staple to a whole other level.
More Delicious Salad Recipes:
- Israeli Salad with Pomegranate Vinaigrette and Roasted Nuts
- Cornbread Salad with Italian Sausage and Tomatoes
- Pineapple Coleslaw
- Potato Salad with Creamy Green Sauce
- Tomato Cucumber Salad with Basil Ricotta
Weekly Meal Plans that Include Mustard Potato salad:Print
My go-to recipe. Yukon Gold Potatoes and a delicious mix of mayonnaise, mustard, pickles, eggs, and spices, make a simple, creamy, flavorful mustard potato salad. But, the best part of this potato salad recipe? Fresh cherry tomatoes.
- 3 lbs Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 6 hard boiled eggs, cooled, shells peeled off and cut into ¼-inch slices
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup yellow mustard
- 1 cup dill pickles, diced
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp celery seed
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 12 - 16 oz fresh cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- Fill a large saucepan halfway full of water. Sprinkle in a couple teaspoons of salt and set it over high heat. When the water is boiling, add the potatoes. Let the potatoes cook until they are tender if you poke one with a fork, but still firm, about 10 - 13 minutes.
- Pour into a colander set inside the sink and let drain. Rinse with cold water for 5 minutes or so to stop cooking. Let the potatoes cool completely before proceeding.
- Add all the remaining ingredients except the cherry tomatoes to a large bowl. Stir until completely combined. Add the potatoes and stir gently until they are completely coated in the sauce. Top with cherry tomatoes and serve.
Potato salad should be kept in the refrigerator until you're ready to serve it. It will keep, covered, in the refrigerator, for about 4 days.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Potatoes