My go-to recipe. Yukon Gold Potatoes and a delicious mix of mayonnaise, mustard, pickles, eggs, and spices, make a simple, creamy, flavorful mustard potato salad. But, the best part of this potato salad recipe? Fresh cherry tomatoes.
- 3 lbs Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 6 hard boiled eggs, cooled, shells peeled off and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup yellow mustard
- 1 cup dill pickles, diced
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp celery seed
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 12 – 16 oz fresh cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- Fill a large saucepan halfway full of water. Sprinkle in a couple teaspoons of salt and set it over high heat. When the water is boiling, add the potatoes. Let the potatoes cook until they are tender if you poke one with a fork, but still firm, about 10 – 13 minutes.
- Pour into a colander set inside the sink and let drain. Rinse with cold water for 5 minutes or so to stop cooking. Let the potatoes cool completely before proceeding.
- Add all the remaining ingredients except the cherry tomatoes to a large bowl. Stir until completely combined. Add the potatoes and stir gently until they are completely coated in the sauce. Top with cherry tomatoes and serve.
Potato salad should be kept in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve it. It will keep, covered, in the refrigerator, for about 4 days.