Freshly Squeezed Orange Margarita
While every good margarita should include a splash of orange liquor, this orange margarita includes the addition of freshly squeezed orange juice, brightening the flavors and creating a fresh tropical cocktail, even when the weather outside is frightful.
- 4 oz freshly squeezed orange juice
- About 1 tbsp coarsely ground salt
- 3 oz pure agave tequilla
- 1 oz Grand Marnier or Cointreau
- 2 oz Rose’s lime juice
- Chilled sparkling water or club soda
- A couple of lime and orange slices for garnishment (optional)
- Pour 1 oz of freshly squeezed orange juice onto a shallow plate.
- Add about 1 tbsp of salt to another shallow plate.
- Dip the rim of two cocktail glasses into the orang juice to wet, and then into the salt to coat the rims.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add tequila, Grand Marnier or Cointreau, orange juice, and Rose’s lime juice. Cover and shake vigorously for 20-30 seconds.
- Pour the liquid into both of the prepared glasses. Top with sparkling water, garnish with orange and lime slices, and serve.