Freshly Squeezed Orange Margarita
While every good margarita should include a splash of orange liquor, this orange margarita also includes some freshly squeezed orange juice. It's one of those bright, fresh, tropical cocktails guaranteed to brighten any evening, even cold and dreary ones in the dead of winter.
- 4 oz freshly squeezed orange juice
- About 1 tablespoon coarsely ground salt
- 3 oz pure agave tequilla
- 1 oz Grand Marnier or Cointreau
- 2 oz Rose's lime juice (*see note)
- Chilled sparkling water or club soda
- A couple of lime and orange slices for garnishment (optional)
- Pour 1 oz of freshly squeezed orange juice onto a shallow plate.
- Add about 1 tablespoon of salt to another shallow plate.
- Dip the rim of two cocktail glasses into the orange juice to wet, and then into the salt to coat the rims. (You could also use sugar.)
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add tequila, Grand Marnier or Cointreau, orange juice, and Rose's lime juice. Cover and shake vigorously for 20-30 seconds.
- Pour the liquid into both of the prepared glasses. Top with sparkling water, garnish with orange and lime slices, and serve.
I know there are a lot of people who don't like Rose's Lime Juice Cordial. (For my whole diatribe about why I think the haters should just relax, click over to this recipe for Pomegranate Margaritas.) Most people don't like it because it contains corn syrup.
Only the Rose's Lime Juice that's made in the USA includes corn syrup. The UK and Canadian versions are made with real sugar. Thanks to the wonders of online shopping, you can easily get your hands on the sugar-made version by ordering it online: Rose’s Lime Juice Cordial.
Substitutions for Rose's Lime Juice Cordial:
If you don’t really want to bother with Rose’s Lime Juice at all, no worries. Whipping up a batch of homemade lime cordial is super easy:
- Add 1 cup (250g) sugar, 8oz water, 2oz lime juice, 2oz lime peel, and 1oz citric acid in a blender.
- Blend for about 30 seconds, strain, bottle and refrigerate.
You can also just increase the amount of fresh lime juice and add a few ounces of simple syrup.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 239Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 4mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 0gSugar: 36gProtein: 1g