Chicken thighs are marinated in lemon and chili garlic sauce, seared on the stove top, covered in a honey chili glaze and then roasted. Serve over a bed of greens and wild rice, drizzled with more honey chili glaze.
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chili garlic sauce
- 1 cup wild rice (or any kind of rice)
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 8 chicken thighs, bone-in, skin on
- 3/4 cup honey
- 3–4 cups greens such as kale, endive, spinach or arugula, washed and dried
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Mix the lemon juice and chili garlic sauce together in a zip top bag. Add the chicken to the bag, seal and rub the chicken around in the bag to coat with the marinade. Let the chicken sit in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes, and up to 1 day ahead.
- Cook the rice according to package instructions. While the rice is cooking, prepare the chicken.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet set over medium-high heat. Working with a few pieces of chicken at a time, remove the chicken from the bag and place skin side down in the hot oil. (Reserve the marinade.) Do not over crowd the pan. Sprinkle salt over the chicken and let cook until the skin is browned, about 8 minutes. Flip the chicken over, sprinkle salt over the skin and cook for 1-2 minutes longer.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and place skin side up in a rimmed baking sheet or baking dish that’s big enough to hold the chicken in one layer. Repeat with the remaining chicken. (Remember to reserve the marinade.)
- Pour the marinade in the zip top bag into a microwave safe bowl and stir in the honey. Microwave the mixture for 45 seconds, just to melt the honey. Brush over the top of the chicken.
- Put the pan in the oven and let the chicken roast for 16-20 minutes. To test if the chicken is done, remove one pice from the oven and cut into it. There should be no visible pink on the inside of the meat.
- Remove the chicken to a platter and cover with a pice of aluminum foil. Pour the pan juices into a medium sized saucepan. The juice will bubble up somewhat, so make sure the pan seems a bit large for the amount of sauce. Set the saucepan over medium high heat and bring to a rolling boil. Let simmer for 5-10 minutes, stirring frequently, until it’s reduced to a syrupy consistency.
Toss washed greens with 2 tablespoons lemon juice and a bit of salt and pepper. On each place, pile a handful of greens. Top the greens with about 1/2 cup of rice. Top the rice with 2 pieces of chicken, drizzle with a bit of honey chili glaze and serve.