Is there anything more simple and delicious than a perfectly baked potato? You know the kind... where the skin is salty and crispy, and the inside is soft and almost creamy. This is how to make them.
How To Make Perfect Baked Potatoes
When done right, a baked potato needs little more than a bit of salt, pepper, and butter. But, it's also an excellent blank canvas for a variety of toppings.
One of my favorite ways to eat baked potatoes is topped with melted cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and a sprinkling of chives. Or, topped with a generous portion of Carnitas and Green Chili. Mmmmm....
Baked potatoes are also an excellent way to use up leftovers. That's what's happening here, with this Loaded Baked Potato Bar.
Perfect Baked Potatoes
- 4 medium to large russet potatoes, scrubbed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Kosher or coarse ground sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Place a baking rack into a rimmed baking sheet, or set a broiler rack in a broiler pan. You can also bake the potatoes directly on the rack inside your oven - just be sure to place a pan on the rack underneath the potatoes to catch any dripping oil.
- Prick potatoes all over with a knife or a fork. This will allow steam to escape. If you skip this step, there's a pretty good chance the potatoes will explode in your oven, which is no fun at all. 🙂
- Add the oil to a small bowl. Put each potato in the oil and use your hands to coat the skin completely with oil.
- Place the potatoes on the rack inside the pan. Sprinkle the potatoes with salt, turning them over as you do to coat all sides.
- Roast until they feel very tender if you poke a fork into one of them, about 60 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
Leave a Reply