Here’s how to make a kick-ass Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato Sandwich.
- 1 pound good quality, thick sliced bacon
- 8 slices of thick-cut, hearty bread
- 2 tbsp butter (optional)
- 2 large, ripe tomatoes, sliced into 1/2-inch thick slices
- Salt and pepper
- Romaine or Iceberg lettuce
For the BLT sauce:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp dill pickle relish
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- Heat a skillet over medium heat until warm. Add a few slices of bacon and cook until crisp on both sides. Remove to a paper towel lined plate to drain while you cook the rest of the bacon.
- Toast the slices of bread, buttering the outside of the slices. Buttering the bread is optional.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients in a bowl.
- Assemble the sandwiches: spread one slice of bread with a generous amount of BLT sauce. Lay a couple slices of bacon over the sauce, top with a slice or two of tomato and a few pieces of lettuce. Top with another piece of toasted bread and serve.