- 1/2 lb red cabbage, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/2 lb green cabbage, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 large carrots, peeled and shredded
- 10–12 radishes, top and bottom trimmed, cut in half and sliced very thin
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, cut into quarters, and sliced very thin
- 1 tbsp salt
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar (unseasoned)
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed, minced
- 2 cups pineapple chunks, fresh or canned
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- Add both cabbages, carrots, radishes, and red pepper to a large bowl and sprinkle 1 tablespoon of salt over the top of the vegetables. Toss well to combine then pour the veggies into a calendar set in the sink or over a bowl. Let stand until the cabbage wilts slightly, about 1-4 hours. This will allow excess moisture in the vegetables to drain out, keeping the coleslaw from getting soggy.
- Rinse the vegetables well under cold water then dry in a salad spinner or press gently into the colander. Lay the veggies out onto paper towels and press gently to remove any excess moisture.
- Add the mayonnaise, vinegar, and minced jalapeño to a large bowl and stir to combine. Add the vegetables, pineapple, and cilantro. Toss gently to coat everything with the dressing and serve immediately or store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.