Want to make the best pulled pork sandwiches on the planet? Toss tender pork carnitas in a tangy mustard sauce, & top with crispy pineapple coleslaw.
- 5 cups Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas, cold or at room temperature (see note)
- 4-6 kaiser rolls
- 1 recipe pineapple coleslaw
- 1/2 cup white distilled vinegar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tsp black strap molasses
- 2 dashes of hot sauce (more if you want your sauce to be spicier)
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp dijon mustard
Make the mustard sauce:
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and whisk until completely combined.
Assemble the Pulled Pork Sandwiches:
- Put the carnitas in a bowl and pour mustard sauce over them. Toss in the sauce to coat.
- Slice the rolls in half and toast them in a toaster oven or cut side up under your oven's broiler. (If toasting them under the broiler, don't take your eyes off them. They can burn in a flash.)
- Lay the buns on individual plates. Top the bottom bun with about 1 cup of mustard sauce drenched pulled pork. Pile on a generous amount of pineapple coleslaw. Top with the top bun and serve.
- The recipe for Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas makes quite a lot, on purpose. I love to use carnitas in all sorts of dishes, and therefore love having leftovers. Carnitas make divine tacos, are delicious in Spanish Potato Soup, and elevate Baked Potatoes to a gourmet treat. If you're making this as a part of Spring Meal Plan #4, you already made Carnitas earlier in the week for Taco Salad and should have plenty of leftovers in your refrigerator just for these sandwiches. If you're not making these sandwiches as a part of a meal plan and don't want a bunch of leftovers (but why wouldn't you????), just cut the recipe in half.
- Prep Time: 60 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours (cooked on low)
- Category: Sandwiches
Keywords: pork roast, BBQ pork sandwiches, pulled pork, sandwich, coleslaw, pineapple slaw, picnic