10 minutes of prep and 20 minutes in the oven is all you need for crisp-tender roasted Brussels Sprouts simply dressed with olive oil, crushed red pepper, and garlic.
Simple Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Olive Oil, Red Pepper, and Garlic
I feel like Brussels sprouts have a reputation of being somewhat hated even though I've met very few people who actually dislike them. It's like everyone thinks that they are in the minority because they like Brussels sprouts when, in fact, Brussels sprouts lovers are the majority.
I don't know. I could be wrong about that. Perhaps I just hang with a Brussels sprouts loving kind of crowd. Or perhaps the perception of Brussels sprouts as a vegetable few people enjoy isn't even a thing and evidence of how much I live life in a bubble.
Of course, if that's true, and if you're still reading this, you might be in the same bubble. The Brussels sprout lovers bubble. Might be a thing. We should make it a thing.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts is a Simple Delicious Vegetable Side Dish
They are one of the simplest vegetable side dishes you can make. Even though they look like tiny adorable cabbages, there's no need to remove their core like you would on an actual cabbage.
All that's required is that you trim the bottom stem and your prep work is done. Toss them with some oil, salt and pepper and roast.
You could stop there and be done. Or, toast some crushed red pepper and garlic in a bit more olive oil until the flavors are infused into the oil. Toss the roasted Brussels in the chili garlic oil and OMG. So, so good.
More simple vegetable side dishes:
- 10-Minute Au Gratin Potatoes
- Crispy Fried Potatoes (Country Potatoes)
- Cucumber Tomato Salad
- Perfect Sautéed Vegetables
- Roasted Carrots and Dates
- Simple Roasted Cabbage
If you give this recipe a try, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, or take a picture and tag it #alittleandalot on Instagram.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Red Pepper and Garlic
20 minutes in the oven is all you need for crisp-tender roasted Brussels Sprouts flavored with olive oil, toasted crushed red pepper, and roasted garlic.
- 1 & ½ lbs brussel sprouts
- 4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, divided
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ - ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper (depending on how spicy you want your Brussels sprouts to be)
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees.
- Trim the bottom of the Brussels sprouts, put them in a bowl with 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, and 3 teaspoons of water, and toss.
- Spread the Brussels sprouts on a rimmed baking sheet and cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil. Roast for 10 minutes. Remove the foil and roast for another 10-12 minutes, until the Brussels sprouts are browned, crispy on the outside, and fork tender.
- While the Brussels sprouts cook, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in a small skillet or saucepan over medium heat until shimmering. Add the garlic and crushed red pepper and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Toss the Brussels sprouts with the red pepper and garlic oil and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
Leave a Reply