20 minutes in the oven is all you need for crisp-tender roasted Brussels Sprouts flavored with olive oil, toasted crushed red pepper, and roasted garlic.
- 1 & 1/2 lbs brussel sprouts
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- salt and pepper
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper (depending on how spicy you want your Brussels sprouts to be)
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees.
- Trim the bottom of the Brussels sprouts, put them in a bowl with 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, and 3 teaspoons of water, and toss.
- Spread the Brussels sprouts on a rimmed baking sheet and cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil. Roast for 10 minutes. Remove the foil and roast for another 10-12 minutes, until the Brussels sprouts are browned, crispy on the outside, and fork tender.
- While the Brussels sprouts cook, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in a small skillet or saucepan over medium heat until shimmering. Add the garlic and crushed red pepper and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Toss the Brussels sprouts with the red pepper and garlic oil and serve.