- 1 1/2 lbs carrots, peeled
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- 1 cup chopped dates
- a handful of fresh mint
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut carrots lengthwise into quarters. If they are particularly thick carrots, cut them into eights.
- Lay the carrots on a large baking sheet and drizzle with butter and oil. Toss the carrots around on the baking sheet to coat with butter and oil. Sprinkle with a generous amount of salt and pepper and roast for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and scatter chopped dates around over the carrots. Roast for 5-10 minutes longer, until the carrots are crisp tender and beginning to brown slightly.
- Scoop the carrots and dates into a serving dish and sprinkle with chopped mint.