The greyhound cocktail is typically made simply with grapefruit juice and either gin or vodka. This version uses grapefruit vodka in addition to grapefruit juice and is flavored with rosemary simple syrup and a dash of Campari.Print
Rosemary Simple Syrup:
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- 2-3 sprigs of fresh rosemary
For the cocktail:
- 3 oz grapefruit vodka
- 1 oz campari
- 1 oz simple syrup
- 3 oz grapefruit juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 small sprigs of fresh rosemary for garnish (optional)
Make the Rosemary Simple Syrup:
- Add the water and sugar to a saucepan and stir briefly to moisten all the sugar. Set the pan over medium heat and cook just until the sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes.
- Put the sprigs of rosemary in a jar or bowl and pour the syrup over it. Cover and let seep in the refrigerator for at least 12 hours, and up to 2 weeks.
To make the cocktail:
- Fill two glasses with ice.
- Combine all ingredients except the fresh rosemary in a measuring cup and stir to combine. Pour the mixture into the ice filled glasses and garnish with sprigs of fresh rosemary.
- Category: Cocktails and Mocktails