Savory Watermelon Salad with Chili and Lime
Chunks of juicy, sweet, fresh summer watermelon coated in a dressing of chili, cilantro, and lime. This summer salad is full of flavors that you might think don’t go together… until you find yourself eating the entire bowl and wishing for more.
Use any leftover watermelon to make yummy Watermelon Tequila Spritzers – which can be made with or without the tequila.
This Watermelon Salad goes well with…
- Stuffed Poblano Peppers
- Black Bean Tostadas with Corn Salsa
- Pulled Pork Sandwiches with Pineapple Coleslaw
- Scallops with Chorizo and Roasted Corn
If you give this recipe a try, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, or take a picture and tag it #alittleandalot on Instagram.Print
Chunks of juicy, sweet, fresh summer watermelon coated in a dressing of chili, cilantro, and lime.
- About 3 lb fresh seedless watermelon (approximately half of a small 6 lb watermelon), cut into large chunks
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp Tajin Seasoning (*See note)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Flaky sea salt
- Put the watermelon chunks into a large bowl and set aside.
- Add the lime, honey and Tajin Seasoning to a small bowl and stir to combine. Slowly whisk in the olive oil, pouring it in a thing steady stream while you whisk to create an emulsion. Stir in the cilantro.
- Pour the dressing over the watermelon and toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with about 1/2 tsp sea salt. Toss gently once more. Taste, add more salt if you like, and serve.
Tajin Seasoning is a yummy seasoning made from dried chilies and lime. My local grocery store doesn’t carry it, so I order it on Amazon. You can also substitute any Mexican seasoning blend that includes chili powder in the list of ingredients. If you use a seasoning blend that does not contain lime, you might want to increase the amount of lime juice in this recipe. Just mix up the dressing and taste it to determine weather it warrants a few more drops of lime.
Keywords: watermelon salad, fruit salad, side salad, summer fruit, watermelon