Perfect Roasted Cabbage
Roasted cabbage is something that gets made a lot at my house for 2 reasons: It takes about 5-minutes of hands-on work, and, if you’re a cabbage lover like me, is crazy-good.
Roasted cabbage makes a lovely side dish to all sorts of meaty main dishes, such as Tuscan Braised Beef, or Slow Cooker BBQ Beef and Rice Bowls. But, honestly, I’ve eaten this all by itself for dinner and left the table feeling happily satisfied.
- 1 head of cabbage
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Trim the bottom and core from the cabbage. Cut the cabbage in half, crosswise. Then cut each half into three thick slices, for a total of six slices. Lay the cabbage slices in a 9×13 baking dish; it’s ok if they overlap a bit.
- Melt the butter in the microwave in a small dish. Stir the olive oil into the butter. With a pastry brush or a spoon, brush the cabbage with the butter and oil. Sprinkle each slice generously with salt and pepper.
- Roast until the edges of the cabbage slices are brown and crispy, about 35-40 minutes.