This super simple Slow Cooker Pot Roast Recipe requires just 5 ingredients and 5 minutes of prep work to make the most delicious flavorful, tender pot roast.
5-Minute, 5-Ingredient, Slow Cooker Pot Roast
As with Roast Chicken, I've made a lot of variations of pot roast over the years. Also like Roast Chicken, the simplest method produces the most delicious results.
This slow cooker pot roast recipe requires just 5 ingredients: a beef roast, butter, powdered ranch dressing mix, powdered Lipton soup mix, and a jar of pepperoni peppers.
Dump everything into a slow cooker and then let it simmer away all day, the meat getting more tender with every hour. Boil the liquid for a bit to reduce and thicken it into a rich gravy. That really is it.
I like to make as much pot roast as my slow cooker can hold, using the leftovers for other things later in the week, like pot roast sandwiches and pot roast soup, or instead of chicken or turkey in this Dutch Oven Pot Pie.
The meat also freezes well. All reasons to pack your slow cooker with as much beef roast as is reasonable. My slow cooker tops out at around 6 or 7 pounds of beef roast. Your's will probably hold a similar amount. This will give you plenty for dinner one night, assuming you're serving 4-6 people, plus plenty of leftover meat.
Used in this recipe for Slow Cooker Pot Roast:
- 4 - 7 pounds of beef chuck roast, depending on how many people you're serving and how many leftovers you want
- ¼ cup butter
- One 1-ounce packet of dry ranch dressing mix
- One 1-ounce packet of dry onion soup mix
- One 25-ounce jar mild pepperoncini
- Salt and pepper
- Place the meat in a slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, melt the butter in the microwave. Stir in ranch dressing mix and drizzle over the beef roast. Sprinkle the onion soup mix over the meat, then pour the jar of pepperonicinis, liquid and all, over the meat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cover with the lid and cook on low for about 8 hours, at which point the meat should be fall-apart tender.
- Remove the pot roast and pepperoncinis to a platter. Serve with the liquid from the pot as is, or pour the liquid into a sauce pan and let it simmer over medium-high heat for about 15 minutes to thicken it slightly.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 882Total Fat: 58gSaturated Fat: 25gTrans Fat: 3gUnsaturated Fat: 29gCholesterol: 298mgSodium: 1882mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 85g