This super simple Slow Cooker Pot Roast Recipe requires just 5 ingredients and 5 minutes of prep work to make the most delicious flavorful, tender pot roast.
- 4 - 7 lbs beef chuck roast, depending on how many people you're serving and how many leftovers you want
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1-oz packet dry ranch dressing mix
- 1-oz packet dry onion soup mix
- 25-oz jar mild pepperoncinis
- salt and pepper
- Place the meat in a slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, melt the butter in the microwave. Stir in ranch dressing mix and drizzle over the beef roast. Sprinkle the onion soup mix over the meat, then pour the jar of pepperonicinis, liquid and all, over the meat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cover with the lid and cook on low for about 8 hours, at which point the meat should be fall-apart tender.
- Remove the pot roast and pepperoncinis to a platter. Serve with the liquid from the pot as is, or pour the liquid into a sauce pan and let it simmer over medium-high heat for about 15 minutes to thicken it slightly.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours