For the Marinated Steak:
- 1 1/2 cups fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cilantro
- 6 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 2–3 tsp crushed red pepper (start with 2 tsp, taste, and add more if you like)
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 12 oz flank steak (or skirt steak)
For the Chili Yogurt Sauce:
- 1 1/2 cups plain, unsweetened greek yogurt
- 3 1/2 tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 2 1/2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 1/2 tsp salt (add more, to taste)
For the Steak Salad Wraps:
- 1/4 lb red cabbage, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/4 lb green cabbage, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 large carrot, peeled and shredded
- 5 radishes, top and bottom trimmed, cut in half and sliced very thin
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded, cut into quarters, and sliced very thin
- 8 large romain lettuce leaves
- 16–20 tortilla chips
To Prepare the Steak:
- Add all the marinade ingredients to a food processor fitted with the chopping blade. Process on high for 1-2 minutes, until well blended.
- Lay the steak in a small baking dish and pour the chimichurri sauce over the top. Turn the steak around in the sauce to coat it on all sides. Cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
- Either preheat an outdoor grill or your oven’s broiler. Grill the steak for about 5 minutes on each side, until desired level of doneness. OR, Place the steak on a rack inside a broiler pan and put the steak in the oven, approximately 6 inches from the heating element. Let broil for 8 minutes, without turning.
- Remove the steak from the grill or broiler and let rest on a cutting board for 10 minutes. Slice thinly across the grain.
Make the Chili Yogurt Sauce:
- Add all ingredients to a small bowl and stir to combine. Taste, and add more chili garlic sauce, lime juice or salt, if desired. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use, up to 3 days.
Make the Steak Salad Wraps:
- Combine all the vegetables in a large bowl.
- To assemble each wrap: Lay a few pieces of sliced steak in a lettuce leaf. Top with a generous amount of vegetables and chili yogurt sauce. Crumble a couple chips over the top and serve.