Chicken thighs marinated in lemon, tahini paste, garlic, and herbs are grilled and served over couscous with a chili yogurt tahini sauce. Simple, quick, crave-worthy.
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup pure ground sesame tahini paste (My two favorite brands are Pepperwood Tahiniand Soom Tahini)
- 2 shallots, minced
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- 3 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 6 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 – 3 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups dried couscous
- 1/2 cup plain, unsweetened yogurt, preferably Greek yogurt
- 3/4 tsp chili garlic sauce
- Make the marinade: Add the olive oil, tahini, shallot, garlic, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, rosemary, parsley, soy sauce, honey, lemon juice, and lemon zest in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Put the chicken in a shallow baking dish or bowl. Pour all except 1/2 cup of the marinade over the chicken. Turn the chicken in the marinade to coat each piece completely. Cover the chicken and the reserved 1/2 cup of marinade and put in the refrigerator. Let chicken marinate for at least 8 hours, and as long as 24.
- To Grill the Chicken: Heat an indoor or outdoor grill or stovetop grill pan. Remove the chicken from the marinade, brushing off excess marinade as you do, and cook the chicken on the grill until no pink remains on the inside and the chicken registers 165 degrees on a kitchen thermometer. Alternatively, cut a pice of chicken in half and if there is no pink inside, the chicken is done.
- To Bake the Chicken: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Remove the chicken from the marinade, brushing off excess marinade as you do, and place in a 9×13 inch baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes, the chicken registers 165 degrees on a kitchen thermometer. Alternatively, cut a pice of chicken in half and if there is no pink inside, the chicken is done.
- While the chicken is cooking, cook the couscous: Add 1 1/2 cups of water to a saucepan. Add the butter and 1/2 tsp salt. Bring to a boil over high heat. Remove pan from heat and stir in couscous. Cover and let sit for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork and serve.
- Make the sauce: Remove the reserved marinade from the refrigerator and pour it into a bowl. Add the yogurt and chili garlic sauce and stir to combine. Taste and add more lemon juice, salt, honey, chili garlic sauce, if desired.
- To serve: pile some couscous on a plate, top with a piece or two of chicken and a spoonful of sauce.
Keywords: grilled chicken, tahini chicken, chicken with tahini sauce, yogurt sauce, easy chicken recipe