Summer Tomato Salad with Bacon Vinaigrette
Is there any better combination than tomatoes and bacon? This simple salad makes good use of sweet summer tomatoes.
Simply chop up some tomatoes, layer them over fresh greens, drizzle with bacon vinaigrette and a few pieces of crispy bacon.
Add some extra crunch with Yemenite Ja'ala
Yemenite Ja'ala is a delicious mix of nuts and seeds, coated with spices and roasted until crunchy and flavorful. Making it couldn't be easier.
Simply dump a variety of nuts and seeds in a bowl, add some spices, olive oil and boiling water, spread it onto a pan, and pop it in the oven to roast.
Ja’ala makes a delicious, healthy grab-and-go snack, is a delightful addition to a charcuterie plate or cheese board, and is one of my favorite ways to top a salad.
Get the recipe for Yemenite Ja'ala.
More Popular Salad Recipes:
- Israeli Salad with Pomegranate Vinaigrette and Roasted Nuts
- Tomato Cucumber Salad with Basil Ricotta
- Southwest Quinoa Salad
- Roasted Shiitake Salad with Oranges, Almonds, and Citrus Ponzu
- Mustard Potato Salad with Tomatoes
Tomato Salad with Bacon Vinaigrette
This Fresh Tomato Salad with Bacon Vinaigrette is a delicious accompaniment to all variety of dishes, but especially good alongside Skillet Cod with Creamy Corn Relish.
For the Bacon Vinaigrette:
- 4 oz thick cut bacon (about 4 or 5 slices)
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
For the salad:
- 4 large tomatoes
- 4 cups of summer greens - I prefer spinach, frisée, or endive
- Salt and pepper
Make the bacon vinaigrette:
- Slice the bacon into 1-inch pieces. Place a skillet over medium heat and add the bacon. Cook, stirring frequently, until the bacon is crisp. Remove the skillet from the heat. Use a slotted spoon to more the bacon to a plate lined with paper towels.
- In a medium size bowl, add 1 tablespoon of the rendered bacon fat. Add the vinegar, dijon, and sugar and stir to combine. Pour the olive oil into the dressing in a thin, steady stream, whisking constantly, to create an emulsion. Add about ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper. Whisk to combine, taste and add more if you like.
Make the Salad:
- Wash the tomatoes and remove the stem and core. Slice them into large chunks and sprinkle with a bit of salt and pepper.
- Put the greens in a bowl, or distribute amongst serving plates. Top with tomatoes. Drizzle with bacon vinaigrette and top with the pieces of crispy bacon.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
Leave a Reply