In 2020, we sold our house and moved into a 5th wheel RV. We were new to everything about full time RV living, including boondocking.
But, over the past couple of years, we've learned the ropes and now boondocking is a regular part of our year's travel schedule.
The more time we spend boondocking, the more questions we get about it.
What is boondocking? What's the difference between boondocking and dry camping? What do you do for water and power when your boondocking? How do you find boondocking locations?
These are just a few of the questions we answer here.
Do you have a question about boondocking that we haven't answered? Scroll down to the bottom of this page and leave your question in the comments!
Favorite Boondocking Tools:
- 22-inch Blackstone Griddle: The Blackstone Griddle is fueled by propane and doesn't require electricity which makes it a great cooking option while boondocking.
- Collapsable Water Bags: These take up very little space when not in use and allow us to refill our fresh water tank while boondocking without having to take the entire RV to a water pump.
- A 40-gallon portable waste tank and macerator: These two tools allow us to empty our RV waste tanks into a portable waste tank that sits in the bed of our truck. So, when we're boondocking for several weeks at a time, we don't have to take the whole RV to the dump station when our waste tanks get full. Want to know more about how this handy system works? Steve wrote about our portable waste system in this issue of Let's Get Lost.
- A 3.25 Gallon Berkey Water Filter: We love our Berkey water filter! We are constantly filling up our fresh water tank at different locations and never really know how safe or clean the water is. But, this powerful water filter means we always have clean drinking water no matter where we are.
More RV Living, Travel, and Camping Resources
- Let's Get Lost is a Monthly Travel Journal about the places we've been, recommendations for things to do and see in those areas, and the reality of RV living and full-time travel. + Read the latest issue.
- Curious about where we're headed next? + Click here for our yearly travel schedule
- Looking for delicious recipes that are perfect for camping trips or RV cooking? + Browse through this collection of camping recipes.
Leave a Reply