Sweet and Spicy Chicken Salad with Roasted Vegetables and Agrodolche
It would be hard to pack more flavor into this chicken salad. Greens, wild rice, a variety of roasted vegetables, and strips of honey chili glazed chicken are topped off with a spoonful of agrodolce. This is not your typical chicken salad.
Believe it or not, this amazing salad will be on your table in under 10 minutes if you’ve been following this week’s meal plan.
And, if you have people in your house who don’t think that salad = dinner, you will blow their mind with dish.
To build 4 plates of Chicken Salad:
- Toss 4-6 cups of salad greens with a few douses of Classic Vinaigrette, made with the Chili variation. Distribute the greens among 4 plates.
- Top the greens with about 1/2 cup cooked wild rice.
- Put the bowl of reserved Roasted Vegetables in the microwave and cook for about 30 seconds. Toss them around in the bowl with your hands to test their temperature. The goal is to warm them to a temperature close to room temperature. Distribute the vegetables over the rice.
- Shred pieces of leftover Pan Fried Chicken Thighs with Honey Chili Glaze and toss across the top of the roasted vegetables. If you have any leftover honey-chili glaze, heat it in the microwave for 20-30 seconds, stir, and drizzle some over the chicken.
- Serve the salads with agrodolce, allowing each person to add as much as they like.