Simple, Fast, Delicious Microwave Green Beans with Bacon.
Super simple microwave green beans with bacon are fast, flavorful, and ready to serve in under 10 minutes.
Make this vegetable side dish can be made with fresh or frozen green beans. It’s delicious either way.
Simple microwave green beans with bacon.
- 4–6 slices thick cut bacon, chopped into 1-inch pieces.
- 12 oz (1 lb) cut green beans, fresh or frozen (if fresh, trim both ends of beans and cut into pieces about 1-inch long)
- A small pat of butter, about 1/2 tbsp
- Salt and pepper
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat until a tiny bit of water dropped in the pan sizzles. Add the bacon and sauté, stirring often, until crisp. Remove to a plate covered with a couple of paper towels to drain.
- Add the beans to a microwave safe bowl. If using fresh green beans, add 1/4 cup water. (There’s no need for water if using frozen green beans.) Top with the pat of butter.
- Cover the bowl loosely with plastic wrap and microwave on high for 5 minutes, stopping to stir the beans halfway through. Remover the bowl from the microwave and carefully peel back the plastic wrap, being cautious of the hot steam. Taste one of the beans. If it is tender-crisp, or cooked to the consistency you like it, then proceed. If not, return the beans to the microwave and cook in 1-minute increments until done.
- Drain excess water from the pan and sprinkle the beans with salt, pepper. Top with the bacon. Toss with a spoon and serve.