How to Make a Classic Mojito
The perfect Cuban Mojito is sweet, sour, crisp and refreshing. This version, which does not require simple syrup, takes only a couple of minutes to make.
Used in this Recipe:
Cocktail shaker. Cocktail shakers with metal lids are kind of a pain in the you-know-what because their lids sometimes get stuck and are extremely difficult to get unstuck. That’s why I prefer either a double cup shaker, or one like this press and pour shaker:
Yield: 2 drinks
Perfect Cuban Mojitos
- 12 fresh mint leaves
- 2 limes, each cut into 6 slices (12 slices total)
- 1 ½ tablespoon sugar (more if you like your cocktails on the sweet side)
- 4 oz white rum
- 1 cup club soda
- Add 6 mint leaves, 6 slices of lime, sugar, and rum to a cocktail shaker. Using a muddler, crush the mint and lime wedges against the bottom and side of the shaker to release their flavor.
- Let the cocktail shaker sit for a few minutes to allow the flavors of the lime and mint to seep into the rum.
- Fill two highball glasses with ice, 3 mint leaves and a 2 slices of lime. Strain the rum from the shaker into the two glasses. Top with club soda and garnish with another slice of lime..
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
Leave a Reply