This is one of those vegetable side dishes that I find myself making over and over again, especially when fresh corn is in season, because it's so tasty but takes only minutes to prepare.
Simple Oven Roasted Corn
Roasting corn in the oven results in kernels that are tender-crisp rather than soft and rubbery - a consistency common with boiled corn.
As much as I love roasted corn as a vegetable side dish, it's also a delicious addition to all kinds of main dishes, such as Wild Rice, Cranberry, and Corn Chicken Salad and Pan Seared Scallops with Chorizo and Roasted Corn.
- 12 oz corn kernels, frozen or freshly cut from the cob (approximately 5 large ears of corn)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon dried herbs or seasoning (my preferences are Tajin Seasoning, paprika, oregano or mild chili powder)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss the corn with the olive oil, melted butter, and seasoning. Spread in one even layer onto a rimed baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 20 minutes.