An ever growing collection of favorite Blackstone Grill Recipes that are perfect for camping, tailgating, or any kind of outdoor cookout.
In April of 2020 my husband and I sold our house and moved into a 5th wheel RV. As we traveled from campground to campground, I noticed a lot of campers cooking outside on large flat top griddles.
I soon learned that the griddles they were using were called Blackstone Griddles. Even without knowing anything about them, the advantages of having one was obvious, and I couldn't wait to get one.
What is a Blackstone Griddle?
A Blackstone Griddle is a portable cast iron flat top grill with up to 36-inches of cooking space that's fueled by propane.
For most campers, cooking on a Blackstone is considerably easier than cooking on a tiny RV stovetop or camp stove.
Not only does the large cooktop allow you to prepare a lot of food at once, many Blackstone Griddles have 2 or 3 independently adjustable burners. This gives the cook greater control over temperature while cooking several different foods at once.
Our Blackstone's Permanent Place in our Outdoor Kitchen
Our Heartland Cyclone 5th wheel came with a standard outdoor kitchen that included a slide out metal countertop with a sink (no drain), a two burner gas stovetop, a super tiny refrigerator, and a television.
We replaced the metal countertop (and drain-less sink) with butcher block and swapped out the two burner gas stove for a 22-inch Blackstone Griddle.
We also removed the tiny refrigerator and added a slide-out shelf as a permanent platform for our Traeger Grill and Smoker.
Before the remodel, I only used the outdoor kitchen every once in a while. Now, I use it all the time.
What Are the Main Advantages of an Outdoor Griddle?
- The large flat top surface. Ranging in size from 17-inches to 36-inches, Blackstone cooktops offer plenty of room to cook a lot of food, or several different kinds of foods, at once.
- Blackstone Griddles have the same properties as restaurant grade Hibachi griddles. This means they have a versatile cooking surface with the ability to get very hot.
- They are portable! Blackstone grills are easy to take anywhere, camping, tailgating, or just to a friend's backyard BBQ.
- Propane powered. There's no need to set up a Blackstone next to a power outlet because they are powered by their own small, portable propane tank.
- Blackstone Griddles have a cast iron surface that is non-stick, retains and conducts heat well, is easy to care for, and will last for years and years.
What All Can You do With a Blackstone Griddle?
I think a better question is, what can't you do with a Blackstone Griddle? They really are incredibly versatile. In addition to the recipes below, here are just a few things that I love to cook on our Blackstone grill:
- Grilled sandwiches or burgers
- Any kind of kabobs
- Any kind of protein, including juicy seared steaks, pork tenderloin or chops, seasoned chicken, fish fillets, sausage... the list goes on and on
- Grilled quesadillas
- Pancakes or French toast for a crowd
- Flat breads like tortillas and naan
Looking for a great cocktail to go with your Blackstone dinner?
In this collection of 21 camping cocktail recipes you'll find cocktails for hot summer days and cool weather evenings. You'll find deliciously indulgent cocktails for sipping around a campfire and easy sipping cocktails perfect for day drinking.
All of the cocktail recipes require very few ingredients, no special equipment, and most can happily be sipped from plastic cups.