Simple, Fresh Pico de Gallo Recipe
This all-purpose Pico de Gallo recipe is a jumping off point for all sorts of fresh salsa variations.
Add roasted poblano peppers, thinly sliced radishes, black beans, fresh corn, mango, pineapple, or anything else you like to build a spectacularly flavorful salsa.
Recipes that Use Pico de Gallo:
- Vegetarian Chili with Pico de Gallo and Chimichurri Sauce
- Grilled Flank Steak Tacos with Pico de Gallo
- Crispy Corn Tortilla Quesadillas
- Veggie Black Bean Nachos
If you give this recipe a try, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, or take a picture and tag it #alittleandalot on Instagram.
- 1 red onion, peeled and diced (about ¾ cup diced onion)
- 6 ripe roma tomatoes, diced
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 fresh jalapeño, seeds removed and diced
- 1-2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt (more to taste)
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Taste and add more salt, sugar, or lime if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Pico de Gallo can be made up to 3 days ahead of time, stored in a covered container in the refrigerator.
Serving Size:½ cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 18Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 149mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 1g