Fresh Cucumber Tomato Salad with Mint
Fresh cucumbers and tomatoes are tossed in vinegar, oil, and fresh mint for a refreshing salad that is the perfect accompaniment to middle eastern inspired foods such as Tahini Marinated Grilled Chicken.
Add some extra crunch with Yemenite Ja’ala
Yemenite Ja’ala is a delicious mix of nuts and seeds, coated with spices and roasted until crunchy and flavorful. Making it couldn’t be easier. Simply dump a variety of nuts and seeds in a bowl, add some spices, olive oil and boiling water, spread it onto a pan, and pop it in the oven to roast. Ja’ala makes a delicious, healthy grab-and-go snack, is a delightful addition to a charcuterie plate or cheese board, and is one of my favorite ways to top a salad.
Serve Cucumber and Tomato Salad with…
- Tahini Marinated Grilled Chicken
- Indian Shrimp and Rice
- Slow Cooker Indian Butter Chicken
- Perfect BLT Sandwiches
- Cheesy Sloppy Joe Egg Rolls
- Lemon Rosemary Grilled Chicken
More Popular Salad Recipes:
- Israeli Salad with Pomegranate Vinaigrette and Roasted Nuts
- Tomato Cucumber Salad with Basil Ricotta
- Southwest Quinoa Salad
- Roasted Shiitake Salad with Oranges, Almonds, and Citrus Ponzu
- Mustard Potato Salad with Tomatoes
- 3 or 4 large, ripe tomatoes
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- Remove the stem and the core from the tomatoes and dice. Add to a bowl along with the diced cucumber.
- Add the remaining ingredients to a small bowl and whisk with a fork to combine. Pour over the tomatoes and cucumbers. Toss the vegetables gently in the dressing to coat. Cover and let stand at room temperature or refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving to let the flavors blend.