Fresh Cucumber Tomato Salad with Mint
Fresh cucumbers and tomatoes are tossed in vinegar, oil, and fresh mint for a refreshing salad that is the perfect accompaniment to middle eastern inspired foods such as Tahini Marinated Grilled Chicken.
- 3 or 4 large, ripe tomatoes
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- Remove the stem and the core from the tomatoes and dice. Add to a bowl along with the diced cucumber.
- Add the remaining ingredients to a small bowl and whisk with a fork to combine. Pour over the tomatoes and cucumbers. Toss the vegetables gently in the dressing to coat. Cover and let stand at room temperature or refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving to let the flavors blend.