What to cook for dinner this week:
- Flank Steak with Chimichurri Sauce, Rice and Beans, and Sautéed Vegetables
- Steak Tacos with Pico de Gallo
- Vegetarian Chili with ALL the fixings and Cheddar Jalapeño Cornbread
- Pasta with Sausage and Vegetables
- Cornbread Salad with Sausage and Tomatoes
If you’re not familiar with this blog, here’s the basic idea:
Using some of the same ingredients in multiple dishes throughout the week is the key to getting delicious, wholesome, good for you, home cooked meals on the table several nights of the week. The recipes in each 5-day meal plan include some prep-work for another meal later in the week.
Each meal is designed to build on the previous night’s efforts. A little = a lot.
*This meal plan is based on a family of 4, with a couple of meals making more than 4 servings so that you have some leftovers for lunches, etc.
(A shopping list for this week’s meal plan is at the bottom of this page)
Several of this week’s recipes require a large skillet and a heavy bottom saucepan. If you don’t have these two items, here are the ones I suggest. If you’re planning to try your hand at homemade pasta, I highly suggest investing in a pasta machine. I’ve made homemade pasta without one and it’s a pain in the you-know-what.
There are probably a lot of good pasta machines out there, but the one below is what I use, and I recommend it highly. A food processor makes quick work of chimichurri sauce, amongst many other things. It’s another appliance in my kitchen that I don’t know what I’d do without.
- Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven
- Cuisinart Large Non-Stick Skillet
- Marcato Atlas Pasta Macine
- Cuisinart Food Processor